Markus grew up in New Mexico. He attended New Mexico State University where he graduated with a B.A. in History and later attended Texas A&M University earning a Master of Agriculture degree. After moving to Athens, Markus worked in the Animal Science Department of the University of Georgia for several years before returning to Texas to complete his legal studies at Texas Tech.
While in law school, Markus worked for both the Western Circuit Public Defender and for the Western Circuit District Attorney. After passing the bar, he was employed as an Assistant Solicitor General for more than five years; prosecuting cases in both the Municipal and State Courts of Clarke County. During that time he also worked as the Municipal Prosecutor for the City of Winterville. Markus left government service to join former Public Defender and private attorney Malcolm Palmore in the formation of Palmore, Boenig and Associates PC in 2012.
A firm believer in public service, Markus serves on the Athens SPLOST Oversight Committee and the Winterville Planning and Zoning Commission.
Areas of practice:
• DUI defense
• Felony drug cases
• Misdemeanor drug cases including Possession of Marijuana
• Alcohol charges including Underage Possession and Sale to Minors
• Theft charges
• Federal drug charges
• Suspended/revoked driver’s license
• Personal injury from auto and truck accidents
Markus Boenig is licensed to practice in:
• All Superior, State and Municipal Courts in the State of Georgia
• Georgia Court of Appeals
• Georgia Supreme Court
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia